The Republic of Kenya, Ministry of Defense has issued Notification for Kenya Defence Force i.e.KDF Recruitment 2021. Those who wanted to join Kenya’s Defence Force will now be able to apply for KDF recruitment according to their qualifications. This information is also published on the Ministry of Defense website www.mod.go.ke Interested applicants can download the KDF recruitment advertisement which is in .PDF format. To know the rest of the information, you will have to read this page completely and proceed to read it.
KDF Recruitment 2021
Interested persons can fill their application for the following posts as per the advertisement of KDF Recruitment:
- General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets,
- General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets (Undergraduate Degree Holder),
- Specialist Officer,
- General duty recruitment,
- Trademan / woman, and
Forces constables, to be held in the month of February 2021.
General conditions of Kenya Defence Force (KDF) recruitment that the applicant has to fulfill:
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Be in possession of a valid Kenyan National Identity Card (ID). Additionally, four copies of the National Identity Card and PIN Certificate will be required.
- Age – Be at least 18 years and not above 26 years for GSO Cadets, General Duty
- Recruits and Tradesmen/women with Certificate/Government Trade Test, not above 30 years for Specialist Officers, Tradesmen/women with Diploma, and not above 39 years for Chaplains.
- Be physically and medically fit in accordance with the KDF standards.
- Have no criminal record.
- Minimum Height:
Men 1.60m (5ft 3in).
Women 1.52m (5ft).
- Minimum Weight:
Men 54.55 Kg (120 lb).
Women 50.00 Kg (110 lb).
- Body Mass Index MUST be between 18 and 30.
- Female candidates must NOT be pregnant at the time of recruitment and during the entire duration of training.
- Specialist Officers and Tradesmen/women should have a minimum of two (2) years of practicing experience in their field of specialization from the date of qualification or registration with the relevant regulatory/statutory body in Kenya.
Minimum educational qualification of KDF Recruitment 2021, which every person should be willing to apply for:
General Services Officer (GSO) Cadets – KCSE should have a minimum average grade of B (Plain) with C + (Plus) in English, Mathematics, and Science subjects. The training period for this category will be three (3) years, upon completion of which there will be a BSc degree in Military Science and Security Studies.
General Services Officer (GSO) Cadet – Undergraduate degree holder. Para 3.B (1) above should be the minimum requirement to qualify as a GSO cadet and be a bachelor’s degree holder from a recognized university/institute in any of the subjects listed in para 4.B. The training period for this category will be eleven (11) months.
Specialist Officer -Except for Chaplin holding a minimum average grade of C + (plus) in KCSE, there should be a minimum requirement to qualify as a GSO cadet in para 3.B (1) above. Must hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university and where a master’s degree from a recognized university is specified. Where applicable, registered with the regulatory/statutory body in any of the subjects listed in para 4. etc. The duration of training for specialist officers will be six (6) months.
Serviceman / Women (General Duty) Recruitment – KCSE should have a minimum average grade of D (Plain).
Tradesmen / Women – Candidates wishing to apply should fulfill the conditions and requirements given below:
Technician. A minimum grade of C (Plane) in KCSE means grade, a relevant diploma, or above a recognized institution and registered with the relevant statutory bodies, where applicable.
Artisan. A minimum means grade of D + (plus) in KCSE and a relevant certificate with either Government Trade Test Grade II or Craft II from a recognized institution.
National Youth Service (NYS) trained technicians or artisans who meet the above requirements are encouraged to apply.
- Become a retired Kenya Defense Force Service member or a retired National Youth Soldier / Woman.
- Between 30 and 55 years of age for retired KDF and 35 to 45 years for retired NYS.
- Obtain a discharge certificate with a minimum rating of “very good” in conduct.
- Should be honorably retired from the color service and KDF for nine (9) years.
Application for Specialist Officer and Trademan / Women to reach the address given on or before 8 February 2021. A detailed CV should include height and weight, a clear photocopy of relevant academic certificates, a professional body membership certificate, and a current national identity card (ID). Must be attached to the application and addressed to:
Assistant Chief of the Defence Forces
(Personnel and Logistics)
Ministry of Defence
P O Box 40668 – 00100
The candidates selected for specialist officers and tradesmen/women will be informed through print media between 18 and 25 February 2021.